Blog Archive

Friday, June 10, 2011

Superhero Girl 64


My boyfriend Tim (he also draws comics) deserves a co-writing credit on this one, since he came up with the idea. Once upon a time we were both Lost nerds (I hated the ending to the show, so am no longer a Lost nerd. He still is. We fight about that ending constantly), and we thought it was pretty funny that whenever Charlie The Bloody Rock God (played by the dude who also played Merry in Lord of the Rings) put the hood to his hoodie up, he turned evil. All the island trembled at the wrath of Evil Charlie. It was a very consistent character trait. Thus it's become shorthand that whenever a character walks around with the hood to their hoodie up, they are automatically Evil.

Anyway, this begins the Saga of Mistaken for Evil Superhero Girl!

Oh yeah, and thanks for all the amazing villain names for Tuesday's comic. I had kind of a disastrous work week, so I need to go through them and pick out my favourites another time, but some of them are really awesome. Nicely done, readers! Y'all the best.

10 comments:

  1. I like her hair like that :D some people spend hours in the morning, trying to achieve that look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly Superhero Girl! If you'd have left the hood down people would have just thought you'd gone Super Saiyan, and all crime would have cowered before your supposed might.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second panel is so frigging great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Hoodies' is also a short term for hoodlums in the UK, right? In that they actually stroll about the streets of London being hoodlums, while actually wearing hoodies. I think I heard Edgar Wright use that term on a podcast (plus that's what they call 'em in Hot Fuzz.)

    Evil hoodies. Merchandise gold mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point, Caanan. I didn't even think of the connection between hoodie/hoodlum, but it completely makes sense. I love Hot Fuzz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a) This could be her new hobby, testing public reactions to various over-stereotyped fashion choices.
    b) ... or maybe she could start going all Green Hornet on the town, destroying crime from the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faith - I think you've got your own little Venom saga brewing here. That hoodie's a symbiote, I tell you! There's something about it not to be trusted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't be the only one who loves that fact that she wears her mask even while sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I showed up dressed like this near to school (I WORK as a teacher) I was taken for a drug dealer and sent to the headmaster who was kinda shocked when she saw who the supposed dealer was:)

    ReplyDelete