Blog Archive

Friday, December 10, 2010

Superhero Girl 012


All scary space monsters should have tentacles. It helps them move through ... space or something.

I grew up in the Greater Toronto Area of Ontario and with an antenna you could get about 5 or 6 channels on TV, and those channels played pretty much everything, so there wasn't much point in cable. But then I moved to Halifax, Nova Scotia, where you can only get one channel (CTV, and maybe a very fuzzy CBC if you're lucky) with an antenna. So now I have cable, for the first time in my adult life and there are so many channels! Sadly, not a lot actual content, but whatever. I like shows about British people buying houses for some reason...

Anyway, I think Superhero Girl is watching a very fuzzy CBC on her crappy television.

8 comments:

  1. lol i never imaged you to sit there and watch 'escape to the country' or 'property ladder' I'm rather ashamed that crap has escaped our borders. i was hoping it was a well kept secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Escape to the Country is pretty crap, but I love the two shows with Kirsty and Phil... uh, whatever those shows are called. I haven't seen the British version of Property Ladder, but there's an American version and it's pretty funny. Stupid people, buying houses and then thinking they can renovate them for two bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are forgetting the best show on television right now. You are making the Greendale Human Being sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, technically Community isn't on cable TV, altho you need cable to watch it in Canada. Which is dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i like ur end she like hm.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was growing up near Milford, we got CBC and ATV (CTV) and that's about it. But we got radio like crazy! Something like 25 or 30 stations from NB, PEI, Halifax, all sorts of great stuff.

    Of course, back in those days CBC would show stuff like The Prisoner and original Star Trek on Saturdays, so that was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tentacles/Tenticles? Not that I'm really in any position to be calling out spelling errors. I wish Photoshop had a spell checker.

    Enjoying the comic so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like War of the Worlds ;)

    ReplyDelete