Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Superhero Girl 35



I watched Lassie as a kid, but I found it really scary. All kidding aside, that Timmy got into some serious peril. I remember at one point being afraid to go in the wood when visiting my grandparents in the American South, because as Lassie taught me, the woods were full of mountain lions ready to pounce, and I had no loyal collie dog to save my wimpy butt.

Really, that show also ruins dogs for children. No real dog is ever as awesome as Lassie. I loved my childhood dog (an Australian Shepard named Maggie) dearly, but we never got to go on adventures like Timmy and Lassie. One of my many disappointments.

11 comments:

  1. The way she's thrown her head forward so fast that her hair has covered her arms brings back memories of the best of my dramatically emo moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, older brothers can be quite annoying. Any of us with an AOB can sympathize with SHG. =^-^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, all her roommate's faces are excellent !! X)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You re-drew the same pose for five panels instead of c/ping it

    You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping my little sister doesn't see me this way. I've certainly annoyed her in the past, but I can't claim to be perfect. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clarie>> Of course! The joke is in the posing and reactions. You don't get humor by copying and pasting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. IF ONLY EVERYBODY AGREED ON THAT!

    :]!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, Timmy never fell down a well. He fell into rivers, lakes, quicksand and mineshafts, but never down a well. A (partial!) list of Timmy's dangers is given here:

    http://sickbastard.wordpress.com/2007/07/10/timmy-fell-down-what-well/


    Not only that, but Lassie's training of Timmy didn't take. As an adult, after the show ended, he was arrested several times for drug possession.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, we kinda know what the roommates super power would be: Super Hearing.
    At this point of the story it could work (if SHG changes her mind).

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it wasn't Lassie, it was Littlest Hobo.

    And Littlest Hobo wins because of Actual Theme Song You Can Sing Along With.

    ReplyDelete